Friday, October 8, 2010

Last week on the island coming to an end

Last week on this wonderful island I called home for 5 years. It has not really hit reality to me that I will be leaving forever, but since last night and this morning, it has. Main reason has to be that most of the personal admin has been sorted out now, finally!! All goods have been packed and taking to Cayman Airways to be send over to SA (all 525 pounds of it - or about 220kg!!!). Can't "wait" to get the bill for that one..... I was going through my mind how I could gather so many things, but 5 years is a long time and I think all my books that I have gathered as well as paintings on trips etc have a bit part to do with it.


Celebrations wise was fantastic. Friday morning was very special at work for me. The SF department arranged a surprise party and presented me with some wonderful paintings and I stunning card. Thanks guys! Spend Friday nigth at Casanova's with the managers and partners of SF, and I think it is fair to say that it was an fantastic evening, with lots of red wine flowing, and everyone celebrating that the financial year came to an end (I think we hit our revenue target) and with all of the changes in the department, Andy and Rupseh moving down to HFA, Josephine going to Advisory and me off to SA. Great music and later on we had to get the harp dude to stop playing that damn harp and let DJ Ruby Tuesday take over the music festivities and me thinking that I am a rock star and lip singing every song (and  yes, I still love Eye of the Tiger and sorry to the rest of Casanova;s that had to listen to our music). It ended up being a very long night and all I will end with is, James, did you make your flight mate? :)





Saturday was a looooong morning, as I was a little hungover from the red wine (I think I had about two bottles the night before - that is what happens if the waiters juts top it up the whole time). Had a fantastic vleis potjie SA style at Public Beach the afternoon with some very good friends. Must admit, if it was not my party, I would have either skipped it or arrived very late. So 2 pm rocked up the afternoon and the drinks started again. Thanks to Ruaan and Oom Louis for the two great potjie, I certainly learnt a thing or two about potjie and will definitely be getting myself a pot when I am back in South Africa. So nice to catch up with people that I have not seen for a long time.

Tonight, Friday night, is some farewell drinks at Tiki Bar at 7 Mile Beach. Everything is arranged so now the peeps just have to show up.......

Weather has been pretty terrible this last week, lost of raining and pretty cloudy generally, but saying that, at least it gives me an excuse to stay in and just "chill out" and watch some movies and make some bookings ahead of the trip. Last weekend on the island.......

No comments:

Post a Comment